As an organization of dedicated counseling professionals, the AACC believes:
- In one God, creator and sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally co-existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are the inspired and trustworthy Word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation
of human beings, and the final authority for all matters about which it speaks.
- That human nature derives from two historical persons, male and female, created in God's image. They were created perfect, but they sinned, plunging
themselves and all human beings into sin, guilt, suffering, and death.
- That the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and His bodily resurrection provide the only grounds for justification, forgiveness, and salvation for
all who believe, and only those who trust in Him alone are born of the Holy Spirit, true members of the Church, and will spend eternity with Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit is the agent of regeneration and renewal for believers in Christ, that He makes the presence of Jesus Christ real in believers,
and that He comforts, guides, convicts, and enables believers to live in ways that honor Him.
- That ministry to persons also acknowledges the complexity of humans as physical, psychological, social, and spiritual beings. The ultimate goal of
Christian counseling is to help others move to personal wholeness, interpersonal competence, mental stability, and spiritual maturity.